Ecolighten summarized technical analysis and lessons learned through a group of leading BC builders to examine the impact the revised CSA F280-12 could have on sizing mechanical systems for the homes they build.
This contribution will help the building industry to:
- Understand how using CSA F280-12 Standard can reduce sizing of heating and cooling equipment and distribution systems
- Consider envelope and ventilation upgrade options that could further reduce system size and cost
- Consider right-sizing to improve efficiency, optimize ducting systems and improve home comfort
- Know where to focus on reducing loads on future builds
- Arm builders to ensure they are using CSA F280-12 Standard calculations
- Understand the impact of heating and cooling requirements from a baseline of BC Building Code minimums to ENERGY STAR® building standards and Builder Specified Custom Standards