LEEP Innovation Exchanges
Ecolighten is proud to be supporting Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) with a HVAC mechanical presentation for Part 9 buildings as part of the Local Energy Efficiency Partnerships (LEEP) Innovation Exchange.
Ecolighten will be a guest speaker and contribute to the HVAC mechanical panel discussion at the upcoming LEEP Innovation Exchange session. Attendees to the session will learn from builders who participated in NRCan’s LEEP program in 2015-2017 and hear about their technology choices and key takeaways from building homes that ranged from ENERGY STAR® to Net Zero Energy Ready.
Additionally, manufacturers, energy advisers and technical experts will provide practical advice and insight into building high performance homes, including:<
- Whole home energy performance
- Design and constructing energy-efficient wall assemblies
- Right-sizing mechanical systems for use in efficient housing
The Ecolighten presentation for the LEEP session will focus on:
- Load calculations and F280-12
- How builders can use F280-12 as effective tool to inform building design and energy choices
- Using CSA P.9-11 Test Results to Specify Combo Systems
- Mechanical HVAC design solutions to properly size, design, install and commission HVAC systems for high performance homes.
The LEEP Innovation Exchanges will be starting in June and traveling around BC including the following locations and dates:
- Prince George – Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- Kelowna – Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Vancouver – Friday, June 15, 2018
If you’re interested in learning more or registering to attend one of the upcoming sessions, please visit NRCan’s website here.
This event was developed by Natural Resources Canada’s LEEP team in partnership with BC Housing, BC Hydro and FortisBC.