Home Performance Design – New Home Vancouver
Through Home Performance Design, Ecolighten provides architects, builders and their client’s Mechanical Design, Green Home Certification and Energy Services support for new home construction and major renovation projects.
Recently, Ecolighten had the opportunity to collaborate on a custom new home project in the City of Vancouver and we thought a project summary would be a useful way to share how ‘functionality’ expertise and mechanical design upfront is instrumental to success yet many times its missing from residential construction or major renovation projects. As you’ll see from the full Project Summary here, this custom new home had some unique challenges that required innovative solutions. The project highlights include:
- Full Energy Services consultation
- Load Calculations
- 2-Line AutoCAD design with mechanical room layout
- Full equipment schedule and quotation review
- Geothermal system with radiant in-floor heating
- Heat recovery ventilation (HRV) and integrated controls
- Solar heating system for outdoor pool
Between increasing consumer demand for green homes and new challenges satisfying municipal requirements, we understand how architects, builders and developers are under increasing pressure to build more energy-efficient homes and Ecolighten is here to help!