Ecolighten & Greenest Home Project
Ecolighten Energy Solutions is proud to be selected by Naikoon Contracting to provide Home Performance Design services on their Midori Uchi project. Located in North Vancouver, Midori Uchi is targeting to become one of Canada’s Greenest Homes including LEED™ For Homes – Platinum along with the highest Built Green™ checklist score ever achieved.
In addition, Midori Uchi will be one of the first homes in Canada to achieve the new R-2000 certification for energy-efficiency.
Through our comprehensive Home Performance Design solution, Ecolighten will be providing the following scope of work:
- Consultation and Heat Load Calculations
- Mechanical Design
- AutoCAD drawings and schematics for solar thermal and rain water catchment
- Bid tender package
- Quality assurance and installation inspection
Ground has already been broken on this project that is slated for completion in 2013. A sample of the unique features of the home will be:
- Rammed Earth walls (first time in a single-family residence in the Lower Mainland)
- Rainwater recycling
- ICF foundations
- Solar Thermal
- Solar PV
- In-Home Energy Monitoring and Tracking
- Concrete made from recycled building waste
- Reclaimed lumber and building materials
Be sure to follow progress on Midori Uchi by visiting the official site located here. Also, stay tuned to Ecolighten’s Blog as we’ll be providing updates on our Home Performance Design contribution to this exciting and innovative green building project!