At Ecolighten, we understand the nuances in construction and are committed to delivering solutions that help our clients overcome these challenges to meet and exceed project goals and objectives. In fact, Ecolighten believes every good project has a solid plan upfront and we collaborate with our clients to develop a step-by-step process for disciplined delivery and success.
STEP 1 - DISCOVERY
- Acquire architectural, structural and interior design details for the house
STEP 2 - PRE-CONSIDERATIONS
- Establish core project parameters, such as:
- Delivery – forced air / radiant or combination
- Source – high-efficient furnace / boiler, air-source heat pump, geothermal, solar, etc.
- Ventilation – high capacity exhaust fans, HRVs, etc.
- Speciality Rooms – indoor / outdoor pools, theatre rooms, majong rooms, hobby rooms, spas, etc.
- Other – Air quality, allergies, medical conditions, etc.
- Budget – All cost preconceptions
STEP 3 - PRELIMINARY GUIDANCE
- Qualify pre-considerations to remove misconceptions and inform of any obvious points that conflict with or support core project parameters.
STEP 4 - CALCULATIONS & RESEARCH
- Perform heat loss/gain and cost/benefit calculations and system comparisons
STEP 5 - FORMAL CONSULTATION & RECOMMENDATIONS
- Based on results of calculations and research, provide client with practical and specific information to facilitate final system decisions
STEP 6 - SYSTEM DESIGN & DOCUMENTATION
- AutoCAD drawing of all piping, ducting, grille terminations, mechanical room layout, etc.
- Client review of design and adjustments followed by sign-off
- Bid tender package includes scope of work, equipment and materials specification, best practices and standards language.
STEP 7 - BID REVIEW
- Review the mechanical contractor submitted bids to ensure they reflect design and bid specification requirements
- Confirm any substitutes or alternates in equipment meets or exceeds recommendations
- Ultimately ensure the client has an ‘apple to apple’ basis for comparison
STEP 8 - PROJECT PROGRESS REVIEWS
- Inspect installation for percentage completion as relates to progress draws and quality of installation compared to design and bid specification details
- Review as-builts and other relevant documentation
STEP 9 - FINAL PERFORMANCE INSPECTION
- Upon completion and start-up of the equipment, perform final inspection and report on the performance of the mechanical system to ensure proper balance, distribution and design targets for heating, cooling and ventilation throughout the home