Ecolighten will be a guest speaker at the Trade Ally Network Trade Show providing a presentation titled: “F280-12 Standard & Right-Sizing HVAC Systems”. As homes become more efficient, oversized HVAC equipment is emerging as one of the more serious issues in residential construction.
The Ecolighten presentation for Fortis BC’s Trade Ally Network will focus on:
- Highlighting the importance and increasing focus on the need to right size equipment in existing and new home applications.
- Provide education on the F280-12 standard including key changes to the 1990 version.
- Outlining existing building industry practices related to the F280-12 standard and opportunities for HVAC contractors.
- Provide awareness of software options and understanding of the strengths, limitations and variances amongst the tools.
- Present evidence of the impacts through sensitivity analysis that home upgrades can have on design heat/cool load calculations.
The FortisBC Trade Ally Network Trade Shows will be starting in March and traveling around BC including the following locations and dates:
- Coquitlam – Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Nanaimo – Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Kamloops – Thursday, April 6, 2017
- Prince George – Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Additional Interior location – date to be announced for fall 2017
If you’re interested in learning more or registering to attend one of the upcoming sessions, please visit FortisBC’s website.